A guided imagery fan suggests combining imagery or affirmations with nature stills or video, and lea
My question is this: I would like to know if you offer or plan to market any DVD''s With audio imagery combined with music plus visual images - for instance, hills, forest, swirls, water, streams, sky, valleys, canyons, clouds, religious imagery - to play on the TV/home entertainment system. Or maybe offer the affirmations along with soothing, on-screen images to produce a relaxation mood.
Actually, we do have some gorgeous DVDs along these lines. Jim Porter''s Rest & Relax videography is really exquisite.
Or the still life photography slide show of Charles Needle, The Healing Power of Nature, is also gorgeous.
And Momentary Meditations by Barbara Biziou is another dazzling video meditation that fills the bill.
And if you can stand to use VHS, Carl Simonton has a nature video, Affirmations for Getting Well Again that actually offers written affirmations that scroll at the bottom of the screen.
I hope this is useful to you. Clearly, great minds think along the same track.
Thanks for writing.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Can Family Caregivers Really Get Help from Telemedicine?
- Can Guided Imagery Prevent MRI Panic in a Severely Claustrophobic Person?
- What Can Help with Severe Post-Election Anxiety?
- Coping with Post-Election Dysphoria; Being Stuck in an MRI Tube; and the Power of Telehealth to Support Family Caregivers...
- Sonja Speaks of Twenty Years Benefit from Guided Imagery