A man who bought CDs on several health issues asks if he should listen to a different "topic" every
I just bought several different guided imagery CDs. Is it okay to listen to a different "topic" every night, or should I just stick with one for several weeks and then move on to the next "topic"? Thank you.
Your second option works best for most people most of the time: stick with one ‘til you’re good and sick of it (this could be after 3 weeks or 3 months, depending on your own personal wiring), and then move on to the next. After one has solidly sunk in, feel free to mix and match it with others for variety’s sake.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!
- Guided Imagery Gets Her Off Prescribed Meds, but Does So Much More