A woman asks if the special weekend workshops Belleruth teaches
I love your newsletters, but when you offer special weekends and talks, like the one in Phoenix, are they only for the therapists to attend? I was given your name by my therapist, and enjoy your tapes and letters. Just wanted to know if it’s for everyone! Thanks for all you do!
Dear Eliza Jane,
I’m very sorry if I inadvertently gave you that impression that these workshops are only for therapists - far from it! Generally speaking we get a little more than half therapists and other health professionals, and the rest regular civilians - usually people affected by trauma themselves or whose family or friends need help. We also get a proportion of people who used imagery to help with their cancer, surgery, heart attack or whatever, who just want to come and give their imagery practice a ‘booster shot’. So please do come and join us!
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Guided Imagery for PTS Was Essential to Her Recovery from Childhood Abuse
- Guided Imagery and Massage Benefit Patients’ Post-Op Pain, Sleep, Anxiety
- What's Behind Her Struggle with Sleeping All Night?
- A Free Conference on Kids, Free Keynote for Parents from Belleruth
- After a Bilateral Mastectomy, She’s More Creative than Ever