I read your newsletter about sending care packages with positive imagery CDs to soldiers overseas. I would love to send one; however, I do not know anyone who is currently serving. Is there a way I can send the money and you forward the package to a soldier for me or, if you’d rather, just give me the name and I will send the package to the soldier?
Thanks and God Bless.
We are not yet set up to find names and distribute gifts, but thanks to the responses of several of our readers, I’m newly informed about where you might send guided imagery audios to counter posttraumatic stress - or a check or donation to help individual soldiers and their families. Here are some of the suggestions I received:
- Blue Star Mothers of America (http://www.bluestarmothers.org/) - mothers of children in the military.
- Semper Fi Fund for injured Marines (http://www.semperfifund.org/)
- National Naval Medical Center (aka Bethesda Naval Hospital) 8901 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda MD 20889-5600
- Naval Hospital at Camp Lejeune c/o Patient Administration Dept, 100 Brewster Blvd, Camp Lejeune NC 28547-2538
- Medical Family Assistance Center, Walter Reed Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington DC 20307-5001 or Psychiatry Wards 54/53 at the same address, care of Nurse in Charge.
- Purchase a pre-paid phone card for the wounded soldiers at Walter Reed
- Mental Health Personnel or Chaplains at Lansthal Medical Center in Ramstein, Germany or Andrews Airforce Base
- USO World Headquarters, 2111 Wilson Blvd, Suite 1200, Arlington VA 22201
- Fort Benning’s Army Community Service Center or Family Assistance Center, Ft Benning, Georgia 31905 or call 866.540.080