Magic Island tape helps 8 year old with asthma
A friend brought him Betty Mehling’s guided imagery tape about the magic island and he began listening to it at bedtime. The difference was almost immediate. He loves the tape and listens to it religiously, and his asthma attacks became much less frequent. The best thing is, when he does start getting an attack, he puts his headset on and listens to the tape, and it makes the attack much milder. We are thrilled. His father and I have no idea why this little tape works so well, but we are very grateful nonetheless!
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Guided Imagery for PTS Was Essential to Her Recovery from Childhood Abuse
- Guided Imagery and Massage Benefit Patients’ Post-Op Pain, Sleep, Anxiety
- What's Behind Her Struggle with Sleeping All Night?
- A Free Conference on Kids, Free Keynote for Parents from Belleruth
- After a Bilateral Mastectomy, She’s More Creative than Ever