Burn survivor offers inspirng story
The man spoke of how, before the accident, he’d been something of a jerk - selfish, self-centered and impulsive - but that since the accident, he’s a much better person, and a much happier person, interested in other people and their cares and concerns. He’s become involved in his church, and has since devoted himself to helping others. As an aside, he reminded us that he’d walked up to the mike, and that, years after the accident, married again. He is now the father of several children, and has one more on the way.
This was just one of the many stories that inspired and helped the 600 adults and kids lucky enough to be in attendance at that annual meeting. For more information, click on the Phoenix Society at http://www.phoenix-society.org/.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!
- Guided Imagery Gets Her Off Prescribed Meds, but Does So Much More