Effects of hypnosis on the immune system in breast cancer patients.
Both investigations’ findings yielded improvement in depression and a heightened count of natural killer (NK) cells after 2 months of the intervention. However, neither study determined the clinical significance of this for the actual impact on cancer. The author highlights the need for future experiments in order to relate the immune-mediated effects of hypnosis to hard clinical outcomes, such as actual survival rates.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- A Dad Asks What to Do for Severe Separation Anxiety – Foremost Authority, Dr. Charlotte Reznick, Answers…
- Hats Off to Dr. Francoise Adan and the Connor Integrative Health Network
- He Lost 45 Lbs. With Guided Imagery, Relaxation and Exercise
- Guided Imagery Reduces Pathological Worry
- Can Guided Imagery Help People With Dementia?