<b>Cancer Recurrence Can’t Keep This Resilient Woman Down</b>
After 2 years, her squamous cell cancer is back but this remarkable woman maintains her equanimity and optimism, with the help of her friends and a little guided imagery..
I had a second, very large surgery a year later in my neck, and then chemo and radiation therapy. It was truly a gruesome deal, but I was blessed with a medical staff that treated me like family - and my family and friends literally laid down with me thru it.
It has been a little more than 2 years since my treatments, and unfortunately the cancer has come back, on the opposite side of where it all began. I am back listening to the calming effects of guided imagery, still believing in the power of the mind to assist with healing. I depend on the soothing voice and music which completely calms me and it truly helps me to walk these very, very difficult roads I am being led in.
I am blessed and thankful.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Fake Positivity Does Not Fight Cancer – Stick With Your Authentic Self
- Guided Imagery for PTS Was Essential to Her Recovery from Childhood Abuse
- Guided Imagery and Massage Benefit Patients’ Post-Op Pain, Sleep, Anxiety
- What's Behind Her Struggle with Sleeping All Night?
- A Free Conference on Kids, Free Keynote for Parents from Belleruth