cancer/alternative therapies become catalyst tp re-evaluate life
After my bout with cancer, I took a good look at my life and what was important to me, and discovered it wasn''t my career as a buyer for an upscale catalog. So I started mapping out a new plan, and began doing my art on a volunteer basis at my my local cancer support center. This led to a job working as an ad hoc art therapist and full time support group facilitator there.
I love what I do and feel fulfilled for the first time in my life. I never believed that something like cancer could have been a blessing, but that is what it was for me - a very stressful but productive blessing.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Resilient Survivor of Traumatic Losses Asks Which Meditations to Use
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!