Guided imagery helps massage therapist undergoing extensive cancer treatment
My organization, which has sponsored Belleruth’s workshops on occasion, just received a 2-page, hand-written letter from a member, a massage therapist, who recently had extensive treatment for a very rare form of breast cancer. This included a bi-lateral mastectomy and a lymphectomy, followed by chemotherapy.
In this letter she states, "I do use Belleruth''s CANCER PAK CD''s all the time! It''s a lifesaver. She''s a peach....Hope you can let her know she''s become one of the most comforting parts of my life right now!"
There''s much more but I wanted to share those parts, at least, with you all. She sounded like she was doing really well, and that a big part of her improvement and good attitude was the imagery CDs.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Imagining Specific Motor Activities Enhances Stroke Rehab of Upper & Lower Limbs
- Resilient Survivor of Traumatic Losses Asks Which Meditations to Use
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?