We found this posting on Amazon, from the wife of a man newly diagnosed with cancer, who was feeling
This wonderfully relaxing and life-affirming imagery gave my husband peace, and a quiet determination to endure. He slept better when the voice softly instructed him, and he felt less pain and anxiety, as it empowered him to will his body to heal. Next to a loving mother, this was the most comforting and encouraging thing we had.
No one can say for sure if suggestion cures cancer...and we aren’t saying that now. But we know for sure it made our journey easier. We have since bought 8 more tapes for our friends, and each was grateful we did. We repeated the ''mantra'' taught to us:
"I thank my cancer for teaching me what I need to know… ...you can go now."
And you know what''s really neat?
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!
- Guided Imagery Gets Her Off Prescribed Meds, but Does So Much More
- Stress Management Program Reduces BMI, Depression, Anxiety in Overweight Kids