I just wanted to let you know how helpful your guided imagery for depression has been to me. I have suffered from longstanding depression since I was a junior high school student, but it had gotten worse over the last few years (I am now 36).
I can''t tell you how many sleepless nights that audio (first the tape, now the CD) got me through, how many times it silenced the negative soundtrack that was all my mind would play, or how many anxiety attacks it quelled.
I am very much in control of my depression now, after years of working on it, but I still count on your imagery to help me through the rough spots. Thank you. Though I don''t know you, your voice is as familiar to me as my own mother''s . . . and as comforting.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!
- Guided Imagery Gets Her Off Prescribed Meds, but Does So Much More