A woman uses guided imagery for aortic valve replacement, open heart surgery, for both the surgery i
I had to have an aortic valve replaced in open heart surgery. I not only continued using the CD in the hospital and during surgery, but also had the nurses put on headphones for me to listen to the cardiac ICU tape as soon as I opened my eyes. They told me they had never had anyone in ICU who was so calm following open heart surgery or had such a quick recovery in ICU. So many thanks to for the fine job you all do with the tapes.
Maddy from Maine
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Can Guided Imagery Help People With Dementia?
- Fake Positivity Does Not Fight Cancer – Stick With Your Authentic Self
- Guided Imagery for PTS Was Essential to Her Recovery from Childhood Abuse
- Guided Imagery and Massage Benefit Patients’ Post-Op Pain, Sleep, Anxiety
- What's Behind Her Struggle with Sleeping All Night?