A comparison of delivery methods of cognitive-behavioral therapy for panic disorder: an internationa
Building on previous research that found that a brief computer-augmented CBT was as effective as extended therapist-delivered CBT, this study randomly allocated 186 patients with panic disorder (PD) across 2 sites in Scotland and Australia, to 12 sessions of therapist-delivered CBT (CBT12); or 6 sessions of therapist-delivered (CBT6); or computer-augmented CBT (CBT6-CA); or a waitlist control.
The study provides support for the use of computers as an innovative adjunctive-therapy tool which definitely merits further investigation.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?
- Two New Books and a Conference on Kids Coming Up!
- Guided Imagery Gets Her Off Prescribed Meds, but Does So Much More
- Stress Management Program Reduces BMI, Depression, Anxiety in Overweight Kids