A meta-analysis of the efficacy of psycho- and pharmacotherapy in panic disorder
CBT was found to be more effective than a no-treatment control and a placebo control. No difference of efficacy was found when using cognitive elements compared to not using them for anxiety; for associated depressive symptoms, additional cognitive elements seems superior.
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Can Guided Imagery Help People With Dementia?
- Fake Positivity Does Not Fight Cancer – Stick With Your Authentic Self
- Guided Imagery for PTS Was Essential to Her Recovery from Childhood Abuse
- Guided Imagery and Massage Benefit Patients’ Post-Op Pain, Sleep, Anxiety
- What's Behind Her Struggle with Sleeping All Night?