The guided imagery for Healthful Sleep has changed my husband’s life. Not an exaggeration. He used to take medicine to help him relax at night. He could sleep, but it wasn't restful sleep. He thrashed, had nightmares, and always felt tired the next day – even after 12+ hours of sleep. After using the imagery a few nights, he was able to quit taking medicine because he began sleeping so restfully. One big, unexpected side-benefit: he’s much better company!
I also sleep much more soundly and feel more rested. The mornings after I listen to this particular imagery, I feel what I can only describe as 10 years younger. It occurs to me that truly healthful sleep would improve general wellness, energy, mood and prepare you to deal effectively with stress. If you can only afford one guided imagery CD, I’d say get that one.
Goodbye to Sleepless Nights, Hello to Feeling 10 Years Younger!
Psychotherapist, author and guided imagery pioneer Belleruth Naparstek is the creator of the popular Health Journeys guided imagery audio series. Her latest book on imagery and posttraumatic stress, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal (Bantam Dell), won the Spirituality & Health Top 50 Books Award
Latest from Belleruth Naparstek
- Imagining Specific Motor Activities Enhances Stroke Rehab of Upper & Lower Limbs
- Resilient Survivor of Traumatic Losses Asks Which Meditations to Use
- Guided Imagery Eliminated Her Son’s Night Terrors
- Hypnotic Relaxation Improves Sexual Functioning in Postmenopausal Women
- Does It Matter if We Listen to Guided Imagery with Our Eyes Closed?