What Is Guided Imagery?
It’s an easy-to-use form of meditation - a calming voice over relaxing music- to help listeners close their eyes and imagine themselves healing faster, performing better or staying calm, focused and centered. It directs the imagination to create a more positive reality.
And it takes no training or skill. All you have to do is press “Play” and it goes to work for you.
What Does It Help With?
Research tells us that guided imagery is highly effective for:
- Panic Attacks and Test Anxiety
- Sleep Problems
- Concentration & Focus
- Pain and Headaches
- Addiction and Chemical Dependency
- Medical Procedures and Surgery
- Traumatic Stress
- And Much More…
Why Is It So Popular with College Students?
- It Really Works, and the Benefits Are Felt Immediately
- It’s Available 24/7 - 2 pm or 2 am
- It’s Self-Administered & Private
- It’s Portable and Handy - Uploads to a Phone or Listening Device
- Anyone Can Use It – Requires No Special Training
- It Can Eliminate the Need for a Professional Appointment
- It’s Great for Emergencies and High-Stress Times
- It Teaches Skills that Will Help Now and Will Last a Lifetime
What Are Some Favorites?
- Healthful Sleep
- Relieve Stress
- Help for Panic Attacks
- Concentration, Focus & Learning
- Anger & Forgiveness
- Heartbreak, Abandonment and Betrayal
- Healing Trauma
Any Tips on How to Use Guided Imagery?
- Listening Once or Twice a Day for 2-3 Weeks Can Make a Big Difference
- The Most Powerful Times to Listen Are When Waking Up or Falling Asleep…. but Any Time Is a Good Time
- The More You Listen, the More Effective It Becomes
- Even If You Fall Asleep, You’re Still Getting the Message
- Guided Imagery Is More Impactful in a Group, Even If You Don’t Like Groups
- You Don’t Have to Believe It Will Work for It to Work
- It’s a Great Addition to Other Steps You Are Taking or as a Stand-Alone Measure
Let us know if your hospital, HMO or agency would like something like this for your patients, clients or members. It’s a simple, inexpensive way to offer a ton of benefit to them at very low cost. You just purchase a bucket-load of low-cost downloads in advance and your people can access them at will and at no cost to them.
p.s. If you liked this post, you might enjoy getting our weekly e-news with other articles just like it. If so, sign up here!